Saturday 12 March 2011

Experiences of Pollack and Nursing Homes

Where does the time go?  I don't seem to have much for blogging lately.  I've been reading books instead, I guess.  Yesterday I went to see my parents and took my mum to look around a couple of nursing homes that take people with dementia who shout.  My aunt has been keeping her fellow residents awake at night and has to move homes.  She did not have a confirmed diagnosis of dementia when she moved in and she was a lot less noisy.  It is a sad situation, but we were relieved that the first home we looked at was very calm when we looked around and the residents appeared well cared for.  The second home was a different story and we hope she won't end up there.   There are places in the first home, so we just have to wait for the assessment to take place to learn if they will take her.

I'm hoping to take advantage of this sunny day and more energy than I've had of late to get a few things done in the garden, so I shan't say much more.

However, I realise I have not reported on our experiences with pollack.  I bought some a couple of weeks ago to make a fish curry and it was a firm white fish with a pinkish tinge that tasted absolutely fine in the curry.  Friday night we had it again, this time just coated in flour and fried and it was as good as cod and possibly slightly moister.
Not my photo, but it looks very much as our pollack looked

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karin,

    Welcome back to the land of blogging - Have missed your posts!

    Hope your Aunt gets the chance to live at a good home. We had a tough time finding a place for respite, when Nan was with us... When we found the right home, she loved it, but it ended up closing down & she had to have 2nd best (which wasn't brilliant) - So good luck with that!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, Karin! I'm so sorry you have to deal with hunting for a proper nursing home. That can be so stressful. Sending positive vibes your way in hope that everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete

All relevant comments to this post are welcome, so feel free to have your say.