Sunday 8 July 2012

Petition for Dairy Farmers

With regard to Friday's post on the price of milk, there is a petition on the direct gov e-petition website, which I think is a bit vague:


Dairy farmers must be paid more for their milk 

Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
The UK Government must do more to protect the interests of British dairy farmers. The low price of milk is forcing extremely hard working farming families in to poverty and increasing the dependence on antibiotics used with animals that will have a devastating affect on the industry. If the price of milk is not increased soon then the UK will suffer a shortage of supply and thus pay more in the long-term.
-----------------------------------------------------------------



If, like me, you agree with the sentiment, as it's better than nothing, you might want to sign it here.

I have updated the original post I made on Friday, so do have another look if you haven't read it since Saturday.

If I get responses to my more recent e-mails I'll write a new post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments to this post are welcome, so feel free to have your say.